The Muscular Dystrophy Foundation of South Africa, Gauteng Branch is a registered Non-profit organization (128-632 NPO) that supports people affected by Muscular Dystrophy and endeavours to improve the quality of life of its members. The Gauteng branch supports members in five provinces across South Africa, these being Gauteng, Northwest, Limpopo, Free State and Mpumalanga.
Our focus is:
- Assist affected persons and their families by providing information, support and referrals to health facilities etc.
- Support affected people with specialized assistive equipment (if funding is available).
- Create public awareness about Muscular Dystrophy.
- Strive for the recognition and protection of the rights of people affected by muscular dystrophy as a disability.
- Generate funds to support and sustain our work.
- Collaborate and communicate on a national, provincial, international level with other organisations involved with Muscular Dystrophy.
- Assist individuals to form self help and support groups.
- We also strive to keep our members updated via our social media platforms such as Facebook and Linkedin.
Should you wish to support the Gauteng Branch you could get involved in any of the following:
- Cycling: We have a cycle team called the Muscle Riders that take part in the 947 Ride Joburg event every year.
- Casual Day: We participate in Casual Day every year and you could sell stickers or even purchase stickers.
- Back-a-buddy: We have a dedicated profile on the crowdfunding platform, and you could donate towards existing campaigns or even start your own campaign by contacting us.
- Donations: We are always in need of funds and can issue 18(a) tax certificates for all donations received. Donations can be made using the following banking details:
Bank: Nedbank Account holder: Muscular Dystrophy Foundation of South Africa Gauteng Branch Account number: 1958 323 284 Account type: Current Account Branch Code: 198765
Every bit helps and with your support we can continue to bring hope to those affected with Muscular Dystrophy!